Staying Home Beauty Empties
As of today, Washington DC is under an official Stay at Home order. So, even more time for skin care, I guess (at least, for those of us with nonessential jobs…and for those that have to work, we truly appreciate everything you’re doing!!). I emptied quite a few skin care products in March, including a few items gifted by brands.
Here are the masks and products of that ilk that I used up:
Would I Repurchase
- Alba Botanica AcneDote Face & Body Scrub: I’ve emptied one of these before and had this backup waiting. I use it on my chest in the shower sometimes, because I occasionally get little pimples there. I don’t feel like this product does much for me, so I’m not planning to repurchase.
- Erno Laszlo Hydra-Therapy Foaming Cleanse [gifted]: I reviewed this product and the others that the brand sent me. This cleanser isn’t as hydrating as I had hoped, so I wouldn’t purchase it on my own.
- bareMinerals Pureness Gel Cleanser [gifted]: I enjoyed this gentle cleanser and would consider buying it in the future.
- The BrowGal Tinted Brow Gel: my friend received this in a beauty box and gave it to me. It’s a good tinted gel for keeping my brows in place. The gel isn’t super pigmented, so it’s best for days when I want groomed-but-not-overdone brows. I’d consider purchasing this one.
- Origins Hello, Calm Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil: this mask is different in that you’re supposed to tissue it off after ten minutes. I’ve followed those instructions, but Kleenex feels kind of rough on my face. I did like this mask, though, so if I do buy this in the future I might just wash it off instead.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream: LOVE. This helped my skin get through the prior winter, so I repurchased it for this past winter. I used the cream as my morning moisturizer this past winter and would definitely buy it again.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: I bought this to take to San Diego Comic-Con last year and I loved it! The scent is amazing, it feels super refreshing, and has a really fine mist. It’s a bummer that Caudalie isn’t cruelty-free…that’s the only thing that gives me pause about repurchasing.
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream: I received this mini in last year’s Sephora birthday gift duo. Honestly, I didn’t love it…not enough to buy full sized. It felt oddly heavy and tacky on my skin, though the formula is lighter than Lala Retro…which I love. I know, it makes no sense.
- Karma Naturals Soybean Oil and Tea Tree Oil Nail Polish Remover: I’ve had this around for a long time and can’t quite remember how I ended up with it. I believe it came in a limited edition Birchbox that I bought? Who knows. Anyway, I was excited to try a nontoxic nail polish remover. This stuff worked pretty well, but only on solid colors. Forget about removing glitter with natural nail polish remover. I’d buy this, though!
- LuLuLun Precious Green Sheet Masks [gifted]: I reviewed all of the masks this brand gifted me and really liked them. If I could only buy one variety I’d pick White, but Green was great too.
- Vita 8 Nutritive Sheet Mask: this mask came in a Soko Glam hydrating mask set that my mom got for me for my birthday last year. I liked it, but it doesn’t seem to be available anymore.
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Biocellulose Face Mask: I liked this the first time I tried it, so I bought two more. They’re seasonal so they’re no longer available, but I would buy them again if they come back in the fall.
- Boscia Pore Purifying Black Charcoal Strip: I got a dozen of these in an Oddly Satisfying set from Sephora awhile back. I always love seeing the gunk that pore strips rip out of my nose. So fun; I’d buy these again.
- Karuna [affiliate link] Renewal+ Eye Mask: I received this in my Winter FabFitFun box and finally got around to trying it! I liked the patches and would buy them in the future.
- Karuna [affiliate link] Anti-Oxidant+ Face Mask: same deal here, from FFF. I also liked this mask and would buy it!
- Skyn Iceland [affiliate link] HydroCool Firming Eye Gels [gifted]: I was super excited that Skyn Iceland sent me a couple goodies! I really liked these gels…I haven’t reviewed them yet, but I will.
- Wander Beauty Rose Gold Baggage Claim Eye Masks: I usually use at least one set of these a month. Love them, would totally repurchase.
So many empties! Did you step up your skin care game once you started staying home?
I hope you’re all continuing to stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links (noted where appropriat). If you make a purchase after clicking those links, I will earn a small commission. Where noted above, some of the brands also gifted me products to try and review.