Shining Carpet, Cat Soap Dispensers, Whale Shower Curtain
1. The Shining Carpet Welcome Mat: one of the items I asked for over the holidays was this “Hotel Doormat” from Middle of Beyond. My mom got it for me as a holiday gift; I saved it until we moved into our new home. We have our fun new doormat at the front door to greet visitors. As long as I don’t start seeing creepy twins and our elevator doesn’t have a REALLY heavy period (JK, we don’t have an elevator), I think our house will be okay.
2. Kitty Bathroom Accessories: every time I move into a new place, I have fun picking out new bathroom accessories. I spent a long time browsing a million options for our master bathroom. Scrolling online stores got boring so I went to Pinterest and pretty quickly found this cat soap dispenser from Urban Outfitters. I knew immediately that it was the one for our bathroom, and fortunately John agreed with me! So I got two of them, along with the matching toothbrush holder. They’re freaking adorable.
3. Whale Shower Curtain: last weekend we picked out this cute shower curtain for our second bathroom. My photo isn’t great, but the color goes well with the floor tile (which you can see a bit of here). I love that the shower curtain is simple but also a touch whimsical.
4. You: I started hearing buzz about this Lifetime show when it dropped on Netflix recently so I decided to watch it. I was kind of into it at first, but by the final episode I was basically hate watching it. I won’t go into details in case you haven’t seen it, but I didn’t like any of the characters, except for one or two minor ones. This show is supposedly insanely popular on Netflix right now and they’re going to produce a second season with Netflix, but I just don’t get the popularity. I have no desire to watch season two.
5. HelloFresh: it’s been a loooong time since I cooked a proper meal that didn’t involve pasta and sauce out of a jar. Our schedule was wacky with our home renovations and then the move, so real cooking just didn’t happen. Once we moved I finally got another HelloFresh box. So far this week I’ve cooked Veggie Chilies Rellenos with Avocado Salsa and Zesty Crema…and they were delicious! The meal was very easy to make, too. I’m looking forward to getting more of these meal kit deliveries again.