Happy first day of my favorite season, everyone! This Friday Five is coming to you from St. Louis, where I’m visiting my family for a few days. 😀
1. Savannah Bee Mint Julep Lip Balm: Burts Bee’s classic lip balm is my go-to, but recently I decided to give this brand a try after browsing the selection at Whole Foods. I always feel like it’s a bit of a gamble when trying a different lip balm for the first time, but this one is pretty good. It’s not quite as long lasting as Burt’s Bees, but it still gets the job done.
2. EO EveryOne Face Moisturizer: I’ve been using this facial moisturizer for a couple months now, and I’m pretty happy with it. First of all, it’s quite affordable—around $10 for an 8 oz pump bottle. The pump on the bottle I ordered from Thrive Market was leaky…I’d never seen anything like it before. When I pushed down on the pump, lotion would squirt out from the area you’re supposed to press. I contacted EO customer service and they sent me a replacement pump right away, so kudos to them for being on top of it! This moisturizer is pretty fragrant with several essential oils, but the smell is pleasant and it dissipates quickly so I don’t run around with an overly odiferous face. The one annoying thing is that it doesn’t play well with the Supergoop! SPF 40 mineral sunscreen I had been using—the products would pill up a little on my face. So I went back to using the Supergoop! SPF 50 non-mineral sunscreen on top of the EO stuff and now my face is pill-free. 🙂
3. Late Summer Caprese Salad: I couldn’t resist buying some beautiful heirloom tomatoes at Whole Foods, so I decided to use them in a simple caprese salad. You cannot go wrong with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar!
4. Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Cobbler Cookie Dough: also to be filed under things I can’t resist are pumpkin foods in the fall. My local supermarket is currently carrying this limited edition pumpkin cobbler cookie dough, so obviously I needed it in my life. I have not baked these yet, but I will do so not long after I return to DC!
5. Thrive Market Toilet Bowl Cleaner: I ordered this non-toxic toilet cleaner from Thrive Market awhile back and am pleased with its performance. It’s pretty strongly scented with eucalyptus, but not in a bad way. It only costs $2.99, which is pretty good for a natural household cleaner. So far so good—I would order it again!