1. Peak Cherry Blossoms! The cherry blossoms hit their peak bloom here in DC late last week. I’ve had some anxiety and foot pain lately so I was dragging my feet about going to the Tidal Basin, but last Friday morning I forced myself to go. I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t go see the trees in peak bloom…and it was totally worth it! You can scroll through more pics on my original Instagram account here.
2. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Live: when I heard that this show was coming to DC I put a reminder on my calendar to try for tickets the second they went on sale! The tv show’s raunchy songs crack me up and I really wanted to see the live show. I managed to get tickets, so John and I went to see the live performance last Friday night. Our seats were pretty shitty and we didn’t have a good view of the stage, but the show was a TOTAL BLAST!
3. No Spectators: The Art of Burning Man: my aunt was in town this week so I thought this Renwick exhibit would be a good activity for us. The exhibit took over the entire gallery with large-scale installations, jewelry, costumes, and more. Though the exhibit is new it’s already very popular…especially with us Instagrammers. 😛 It is ABSOLUTELY worth seeing in person—a lot of the pieces are interactive!
4. Ben’s Chili Bowl Mural: Ben’s sits next to the theater where we saw Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Live, so I was happy to finally see its infamous mural. I think that was actually my first time on U Street! Local artist Aniekan Udofia painted this mural…and it is beautiful.
5. More Homemade Bagels: I doubled the Easy Bagel Recipe that I made recently because I wanted to try baking bigger bagels. I had to bake them for quite a bit longer to ensure they cooked all the way through. Ultimately, they could have used a few more minutes in the oven. Overall, though, they turned out quite well again and toasted up nicely. I’m loving this recipe!