Early Birthday Gifts + more
1. Mini Dermstore Haul: Dermstore recently held a spring sale with 20% off select brands. I went a little ham adding things to my cart, but I did manage to edit it down to four items: Boscia Fruit Acid Smoothing Foot Peel, Osmosis MD Boost Peptide Activating Mist, Bioderma Micellar Solution, and EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46. My package also included a mini sample of Dr. Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur mask. Very pleased with my tiny haul! The only new-to-me product is the Osmosis MD mist. I’ve used a couple of their products in the past and liked them, so hopefully this one will be good too!
2. Lego Dimensions Goonies Level Pack: The Goonies is my all-time favorite movie, so imagine my surprise when this Lego set showed up at my door! My friends and I talked about this movie on a recent Zoom, and one of the ladies surprised me with this set as an early birthday gift. I had no idea this existed, but apparently it’s from a Lego video game. It didn’t take me long to assemble the three items, which included One-Eyed Willie’s pirate ship, Sloth (Hey you guyyyyyys!) and the skeleton organ. HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!?! I’m displaying them in my office so that I can admire them often. Thank you, S!
3. This Hilarious Mug: another fun early birthday gift that showed up this week from a different friend! It came from Society6. I enjoy wordplay, true crime, and mugs, so this clever mug is basically made for me. Love it! And it’s so nice to know that friends are thinking of me. Thank you, J!
4. Survivor Buffs: would you believe I’m still on my Survivor-watching kick (today I’ll be finishing season 31, Cambodia/Second Chance). One of the items I put on my birthday gift wish list for my mom was this two-pack of official Survivor buffs from CBS.com. The package didn’t say CBS on the return address so I accidentally opened the package when it arrived (I’m saving the rest to open on my actual birthday). So we’ve been wearing these while we watch Survivor in the evenings. Nerdy? Yep! Would you expect anything less? I hope not!
5. Vampire & Bat Cat Salt & Pepper Shakers: I broke our salt shaker recently, so I needed to find a replacement. I started browsing Etsy and when I spotted this set from KevinsGiftShoppe, I knew it was the one. These kitties are freaking adorable and will live on our dining table year-round. I love that the vampire cat kind of looks like it’s rolling its eyes. 😛