Castle Rock, Skin Care, and Autumn Goodies
1. Castle Rock: this past week John and I binged the first season of Hulu’s new show set in the Stephen King universe. The show does have its flaws but it entertained me regardless. It also occasionally creeped me out, which is rare these days. The cast is rock solid: André Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Melanie Lynskey, Sissy Spacek, Terry O’Quinn, and Scott Glenn, to name a few. There are also Cusack and Culkin sightings. If you’re a Stephen King fan, I definitely recommend watching Castle Rock!
2. Osmosis Rescue Epidermal Repair Serum: this product is the second of two that the esthetician at the Indian Springs spa recommended for my skin. I bought the first—Enlighten Pigment-Fading Serum—while I was there, but they were out of the Rescue Serum. I waffled on buying it for awhile because it is NOT CHEAP…it’s cringeworthy to think about the retail price ($120). Finally I decided to buy it from Dermstore.com because you can get 20% off your first order. I want to use up a couple other products before I open this one. At this price, let’s hope it’s effective!
3. Tatcha: in my Sephora Rouge haul post I mentioned that I was going to try a mini of The Water Cream by Tatcha to see if it would be good for the upcoming winter. I decided I liked it enough to buy it full sized. John and I both liked The Deep Cleanse mini, so I went ahead and bought that full sized as well. I made sure to get these while I could still get 20% off during the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event. Yippee for discounts on luxury skin care! As always, the Tatcha packaging SLAYS.
4. Brach’s Mellowcremes Scary Shapes [paid link]: I spotted these at my local grocery store weeks ago and bought a bag right away. I wouldn’t call these shapes particularly scary; they’re more just cute. I didn’t love the chocolate and banana flavored candies, but the others were good. I’m such a sucker for Halloween candy!
5. Pumpkin Spice Milanos [paid link]: My local CVS already has a good array of pumpkin spice products so I picked up this bag of cookies. I LOVE Mint Milanos and I’m sure I’ll enjoy these as well. I was quite proud of myself for only buying one pumpkin spice item on that shopping trip. Such restraint!