Happy Friday the 13th, all! May this traditionally unlucky day bring good things your way. 🙂
1. Surprise Snowstorm: no one seemed to have any idea that we were going to get several inches of snow last weekend! My husband and I ventured out for a little walk, and our neighborhood was just gorgeous. The snow is mostly melted now; all that remains is some gross slush.
2. Soup’s on: cold weather calls for hot dinner, and my Martha & Marley Spoon meal kits this week sure did deliver. The box included two soups—a curry black bean ramen and a carrot soup with feta and quinoa—and both were so easy to make. They totally hit the spot now that it actually feels like winter. Yum!
3. The Shining carpet: you may remember that I have a thing for photographing interesting carpet. Last weekend my husband and I saw Rogue One at the new downtown Brooklyn Alamo Drafthouse…and they have the Overlook Hotel carpet from The Shining in the lobby! This is actually the second place I’ve visited in the past year that has this carpet (the first was at The Parker in Palm Springs), but I was no less excited about it this time around.
4. Evan Healy Rosehip Treatment Facial Serum: I first started using an oil “serum” along with a rose hydrosol from Onurth a couple years back. When I ran out of that hydrosol I found a similar product at Whole Foods, Evan Healy Rose Petal HydroSoul. Once I ran out of my Onurth serum I decided to go full Evan Healy on my face at night. I spritz my skin with the hydrosol and then massage in a pump of this oil treatment. It smells pretty strong—rosy and even a little carrot-y—but I actually don’t mind the scent. The serum is supposed to bring “vitality and suppleness to dehydrated, sensitive and mature skin.” I haven’t used it long enough to tell whether it’s doing anything for my skin, but I do enjoy the nighttime ritual of spritzing and massaging.
5. Leaders 7 Wonders Himalayan Camellia Pore Minimizing Mask: yep, another sheet mask! How pretty is the packaging on this one? I bought this mask from Birchbox at a 20% off discount during the holidays, so it only cost me $4.79 (regular price is $5.99). I haven’t used it yet, but I’m looking forward to trying it out!