1. Con Man – The Game: in case you aren’t aware, nerd kings Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk of Firefly and Serenity fame have a web series called Con Man (which I haven’t watched just yet). This past week they released a companion game for iPhone and Android, so I downloaded it and am totally into it! The premise is simple: build a convention and try to keep your geeky fans happy by making sure there are enough food vendors, toilets, and activities to do while they’re there. You also build booths and make sure the janitorial staff—led by a Joss Whedon avatar—empties the trash and handles overflowing toilets. Occasionally you must also squash vermin, hire security (headed by Kevin Smith) to oust a naked granny who appears periodically, or enlist superfans to battle aliens when they invade your con. You know…the usual con stuff. 😛 Even a non-gamer like myself (no joke, the only other game apps on my phone are Solitaire and Pokemon Go) can really get into this app. Below is a screenshot of my con so far. I need to do some booth reorganizing…it’s getting pretty crowded!
2. Sabra Taco Inspired Hummus: this limited edition hummus flavor really does have a taco-y vibe to it! It’s topped with what the brand calls pico de gallo, which I think is a bit of a stretch, but it does taste good mixed in with the hummus. Seeing as how this delicious flavor is limited edition, I’ll definitely keep buying more until it disappears.
3. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser: I bought this cool-girl beauty brand’s Moisturizing Moon Mask a couple months ago and have been using it regularly, so I thought it was time to try another one of their products. This time I went with the Milky Jelly Cleanser, which was created using input from the brand’s fans. I’ve only used it a couple of times so far, but I’m liking it. The product has a pleasant, mild rose scent due to the inclusion of rosewater, and as a bonus, you can close the pump—which is excellent for travel!
4. Tofurky Treehouse Tempeh: I’m trying to incorporate more fermented foods into my diet, so when I saw these tempeh flavors at my local grocery store I figured why not try both? So I bought Sesame Garlic and Smoky Maple Bacon. The store also had Coconut Curry, which sounds tasty as well, but I decided to just go with these two for the moment. Now I have to figure out how I want to prepare them!
5. Ozuké Citrus & Ginger Kraut: speaking of fermented foods, I also bought this jar of pickled cabbage to try and aid my quest for gut health. Fermented foods can definitely be an acquired taste, and I will admit that the first bite I took did not make me want to gobble this stuff up. But I do like the lemon and ginger elements in this kraut, and I think I’ll be able to eat it in small doses. I’m also pretty sure I’d like it more if I put it on something else rather than eating it on its own. Baby steps!