**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Late Summer Empties
Hello, September! Pumpkin spice and Halloween shopping season is officially underway, which I’m eternally pumped about. Also exciting is the fact that John and I are going on a big vacation soon! I’ll be sure to post about that when we return.
I haven’t blogged lately because I had a website issue and was unable to log in. But I’m back to discuss my August 2023 beauty empties…I finished up quite a few products:
I had a couple declutters and only used one sheet mask:
Would I Repurchase?
- Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Neck and Décolleté Cream [affiliate link]: I was curious to try this but didn’t really see any effect, so I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Paula’s Choice Rescue & Repair Intensive Moisturizer [gifted; affiliate link]: this was a really nice, thick cream that I used at nighttime. I think it would be great for a PM winter cream. It’s intended for folks with sensitive skin, which I don’t really have, but it worked well for me regardless. I’d consider purchasing for winter.
- Youth to the People Superfood Air Whip Moisture Cream [affiliate link]: a really nice, light cream for warmer months. YTTP periodically sends me products but I bought this on my own. The brand has since updated the formula and gifted me a jar of the new version. So I’m about to open that jar!
- Youth to the People Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial [affiliate link]: I bought this product on my own. My skin looked glowy after using this; however, I’m not sure I’d repurchase it because it is a physical exfoliant and the scrubbing effect feels a little rough. I do really like YTTP in general, though.
- Patchology Flashpatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels [gifted; affiliate link]: Patchology products are great! I purchased their products several times before the brand gifted me these eye gels, and I would buy these on my own. I also love that they offer containers with either 15 or 30 pairs—more eco-friendly than single packets.
- Tower 28 ShineOn Lip Jelly in Chill [affiliate link]: I love these lip glosses! They feel like really hydrating lip treatments when my lips get extra dry and irritated. I recently purchased another shade (Pistachio).
- Trader Joe’s Marshmallow Moisturizing Lip Balm: from last winter’s Trader Joe’s 12 Days of Beauty Box. This felt hydrating and tasted sweet. I don’t think you can currently buy it, but I would try their other lip balms.
- Paula’s Choice Pro-Collagen Multi-Peptide Booster [gifted; affiliate link]: TBH I’m not big on boosters, partly because I’m too lazy to research which ingredients can be mixed together. So I used this as its own step in my skin care routine and it was fine, but I wouldn’t purchase it on my own.
- Vegamour Gro Hair Serum [affiliate link]: my hair is so thin, and I think this helps a tad with shedding. I’ve gone through multiple bottles of this but I’m currently trying the Nutrafol serum.
- Farmacy Filling Good Hyaluronic Acid Plumping Serum [affiliate link]: this is a really nice hyaluronic acid plumping serum that smells like honey. I didn’t notice much plumping or wrinkle smoothing, but I did like the hydration boost it gave my skin. Would consider repurchasing.
Masking and Declutters
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion mini [affiliate link]: I decided to toss this after I recently experienced some irritation in my left eye that, very annoyingly, required antibiotic ointment. I’m not saying this primer caused the problem, but I decided to get rid of it to be safe. I do want to purchase a fresh tube.
- Kosas Revealer Concealer in 2.5C [affiliate link]: this had been open for quite some time, so due to the eye irritation I figured this needed to go as well (I use it underneath my eyes). I’ve opened a fresh tube of a different shade that I bought with my Rouge discount this spring.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution [affiliate link]: I almost always enjoy masks from this brand. Would buy again.
C’est fini for my August beauty empties! Stay tuned later this month for a recap of our upcoming vacation…au revoir pour maintenant!