Hunt a Killer, Rent the Runway, and more
1. Hunt a Killer: recently, some Murderino friends and I decided to sign up for this murder mystery subscription box. This week, we got together and went through the first “episode” of the murder case! The subscription consists of six boxes (aka “episodes”); each contains the materials you need to figure out whodunnit. The theme is “Class of 98,” and your task is to solve a murder at a 20th high school reunion. We bumped up the delivery of episode two, so we’re going to get together next week to do that one. So fun!
2. Rent the Runway: my husband’s first of two office holiday parties took place in Brooklyn earlier this week, and I decided to rent a dress for the occasion. I selected the Catherine Deane Metallic Nicki Dress, which had just the right amount of sparkle without being over-the-top. The larger size was a little loose in the chest, but the waistband on the smaller size hit the bottom of my ribcage and felt uncomfortably tight. So I wore the comfier option. I was quite happy with my choice!
3. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel: I got a sample of this in a Birchbox long ago and liked it enough to buy full sized. I often forget to use this product, but when I do it impresses me with how glowy it makes my skin look! I have another peel in my stash that I need to try, but I would buy this again.
4. Cosmedix Pure C Vitamin C Mixing Crystals: I received this in my fall FabFitFun box and started using it awhile back. The idea is pretty brilliant—you mix the crystals in with other skin care products to give them a brightening shot of vitamin C—but frankly, I’ve become frustrated with it. The crystals, which are more of a powder, have started to harden in the container a couple months after opening it. So now it’s hard to shake powder out. Also, I didn’t really see any brightening of my skin tone or lightening of my dark spots. Unfortunately, this product is disappointing for me.
5. Leaders Moisturizing Recovery Mask: I posted a review of this mask on my IG; I liked it as an immediate shot of hydration, but the hydration wasn’t long-lasting for me. It’s good for a short-term moisture boost, though.