1. tarte cosmetics Tight & Bright Multi-Mask: If you read my blog regularly you know how much I love tarte and face masks. So when the brand released this dual mask I simply had to have it in my arsenal! The purple mask is for detoxifying, exfoliating, and purifying, and the gold mask is for hydrating and firming. You can use each one all over your face, or you can spot treat using both simultaneously (hence the term “multi-mask”). How fun!!
2. Wölffer Estate Vineyard Dry Rose Cider No. 139: I picked up a 4-pack of this summery adult beverage for about $14 or $15 at my local Whole Foods…and it is delicious. It really tastes like rosé! It’s a nice treat, and I just love the pretty label design.
3. Homemade-ish Cherry Pie: the fresh organic cherries at Whole Foods called to me this week, and I thought it would be fun to try making a cherry pie. We’ve been re-watching Twin Peaks in preparation for the new episodes (which we haven’t gotten to yet) so I think all the discussion and eating of pie on that show must have infiltrated my subconscious. I managed to make my very own cherry pie using this Food Network recipe, though I did get some help with a pre-made Pillsbury pie crust. I was not feeling ambitious enough to attempt making a crust from scratch! A slice of cherry pie was the perfect thing to eat last night when we finished up the season two finale. Special Agent Dale Cooper approves.
4. CakeLove Carrot Cake: I’ve been eyeing these little cakes in a jar at Whole Foods so it was only a matter of time before I broke down and bought one. I chose carrot cake, and it was seriously tasty! This isn’t something I’d buy often, but it’s a good occasional treat.
5. Good Seed by Dave’s Killer Bread: this is such a food-heavy Friday Five! 🙂 I had heard of this Portland bread brand from a friend who grew up there and still visits periodically. Both of my local grocery stores carry the brand and the Good Seed has become my go-to loaf of bread. It’s hearty and nutty and perfect for sandwiches! Dave’s makes a few other varieties but this is the only one I’ve tried so far. I hope my supermarkets start carrying the bagels because I definitely want to try those!