Hair Care, Masks, and more
Happy Pandemic Halloween! I hope you have a fun, safe, and socially distant spooky celebration. As I’m sure you’re well aware, this is my favorite holiday. I’m dressing up tonight even though I’m only going to hang out in my yard with a mask on! Stay tuned for costume and makeup photos.
I emptied a bunch of beauty products in October, including a few full sized hair care products. I also decluttered a couple items that needed to go.
Would I Repurchase?
- Virtue Labs Full Shampoo & Conditioner: I got full sized bottles of this as a birthday gift after purchasing minis and trying them out. Initially, I liked these products but kind of changed my mind about them and would not purchase in the future. I feel like more of my hair came out when I used this shampoo than with other shampoos. The scent of these was nice, though, and I don’t say that about hair care very often.
- Use Me Hair Daily Vitamist + Biotin: I bought this after hearing it recommended on a Natch Beaut episode. I liked the scent, but I don’t feel like it did anything for my hair. So I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara: my first tubing mascara! I believe Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere has recommended this. This mascara is quite easy to remove with water, which is a wonderful benefit. I wouldn’t say it was super volumizing, though. This is a declutter because the tube wasn’t empty, but it was time to move on to a fresh mascara. I’d consider repurchasing due to the easy removal, but I don’t tend to spend this much ($28) on mascara that needs to be tossed after three months.
- Savannah Bee Peach Lip Balm: a gift from Renew Bath + Body when they kindly sent me some goodies to try out. This lip balm had a bit of an inconsistent texture but I loved the peach scent and the hint of honey taste. It’s hydrating, but I would stick with the brand’s plain Tupelo Honey lip balm, which I bought at one of their stores while on vacation in Savannah last year.
- Tatcha The Water Cream mini: I like this cream as a morning moisturizer in the summer, but it’s not hydrating enough for my skin once fall rolls around.
- Primera Alpine Berry Water Cream: this is also a great morning moisturizer for me in warmer weather. I’ll consider repurchasing it again next spring.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask: I enjoy using this as a spot treatment on pimples, and I actually ended up using it on my neck and chest a bunch of times. It’s such a soft clay, and fun to work with. Kiehl’s masks tend to be quite good and I’d consider repurchasing.
- May Coop Raw Sheet Mask: I’ve had to steer clear of masking lately because of some irritated areas on my face. But I did use this mask earlier in the month and really liked it!
- ApotheCARE Essentials The Booster Conditioner: I emptied this one during our getaway in September but left the bottle in my travel bag and forgot about it until recently. This conditioner was fine, nothing too exciting. I’d maybe try a different shampoo and conditioner from the brand.
- Supergoop Lipscreen SPF 50: this product didn’t get as much use as I initially planned. The lipscreen isn’t as hydrating as I’d like, so I didn’t wear it often. The expiration date was October 2020; because there’s no point in using SPF past its expiration, I’m decluttering the product. Generally, Supergoop products are good, but I wouldn’t repurchase this one.
That’s a wrap for October empties! Did you empty many products as the season started to change?