A Very Random Assortment of Things This Week
1. Homemade Citronella Candles: I ordered some candlemaking supplies and was able to pick out a free fragrance oil sample. So I got citronella oil to make candles to burn on our deck this summer! I decided to call them “Fuck Off, Mosquitoes” and printed out my usual candle labels for them. I think they’re pretty cute if I say so myself. 🙂 They aren’t currently available in my Etsy store, but I may add them if there’s interest. Let me know in the comments if you’d buy Fuck Off, Mosquito candles!
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: this show just fucking kills me! The first half of season four kept up the fast-and-furious joke pace. Titus Andromedon is definitely one of my all-time favorite TV characters; Titus Burgess’ performance is hysterical and his facial expressions are pure comedy gold. I’m sad that the show will be ending next year, but fortunately it’s very re-watchable.
3. Supernatural Socks: yesterday I busted out a pair of my new Winchester brothers socks that John got me for my birthday. This pair says “Saving People, Hunting Things. The Family Business.” They’re perfect no-show socks for wearing with sneakers!
4. Stainless Steel Straws: plastic straws are contributing to ocean trash and harming marine life. I don’t get drinks with plastic straws too regularly, but I want to do my part! So I bought stainless steel straws to use in place of plastic. I figure it’s no bigger deal than carrying a reusable shopping bag in my purse all the time. So I ordered this set of eight straws plus a storage box and two cleaning brushes from Amazon. The storage case is a little big to keep in my purse, so the challenge is to find a holder to keep a clean straw or two with me. Unforutnately they’re a little too long to fit in a toothbrush carrying case. For now I’m using a ziploc bag, which kind of defeats the purpose of my attempt to be eco-friendly.
5. Wrist Brace: can you tell I’m (literally) grasping at straws for content this week? 😛 For a couple years now I’ve had trouble with my right arm when I’ve been on the computer too much…which sucks when you’re a blogger. I had a nerve conduction study done and the nerves are a-ok, which is good, but it doesn’t really tell us what’s wrong. So this week my orthopedic doctor recommended using this super sexy wrist brace when I’m using the computer, playing video games, etc. We’ll see if it helps! Also, this pic reminds me of how badly I need to do my nails!