Happy New Year, everyone! This is a big year for me: I turn 40 in June, and my fifth wedding anniversary is in July. Plus, I’ll be attending my tenth consecutive San Diego Comic-Con. I’m sending out good vibes for a more positive year—not just for me, but for everyone on the planet!
1. Pitch Perfect 3: my husband and I went to see this movie last weekend—the first time I’ve seen a Pitch Perfect in the theater! Not surprisingly, it wasn’t as good as the first two, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and bought the soundtrack from iTunes the next day. I can’t get enough of these a cappella ladies!
2. Too Cool For School Pumpkin 24K Gold Sheet Mask: This Korean sheet mask somehow contains 24K gold, so I figured it would be an appropriate product for New Year’s Eve prep. (Also, my love for pumpkin is well documented.) The mask itself comes sandwiched between two “support” layers that you have to peel off before applying it to your face. Once I peeled those layer off the actual mask was really flimsy and kept sticking to itself, but I managed to smooth it out and get it onto my face. My husband came home while I was wearing it, and let’s just say he was not amused. 😛
3. My NYE Makeup: yeah, I’m posting a selfie this week because I was happy with how I did my makeup for New Year’s Eve. 🙂 I won’t go into the entire process here, but I went with subtly shimmery eyes, winged liner, and red lips—a classic combo that’s not over-the-top! I also tried to do beachy waves by curling sections of my hair, but when I combed it out most of the waves disappeared. So this is what my hair looks like when I “style” it (and put three products in it ). Seriously…my hair looked only marginally better than what it looks like on an average day.
4. Bullet Journal: late last month I sat down and drew out my January spread in my Bullet Journal and I think it turned out pretty well so I wanted to share it! If you’re unfamiliar with Bullet Journaling, check out an intro video that I included in an earlier Friday Five. Then if you really want to learn more, dive into the infinite rabbit hole of Bullet Journals on Pinterest.
5. Talisman: we got this game a few weeks ago but only sat down to play it last week. My husband played it when he was younger, but I had never heard of it before. It’s a fantasy type game that makes me think of a more structured Dungeons and Dragons. There are a lot of rules to remember, but it was fun, even with just two players!