Tons of Empties in March
Wow—I think I hit a personal record last month for emptying products! I’ve been trying to use up what I have rather than constantly buying new things. I’m giving myself an A+ for my March performance. Here’s the facial skin care that I emptied:
The body care empties:
Would I Repurchase?
- Goodal Waterest First Essence: I can’t say I feel this product did much for my skin, so I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Scrub: meh. I haven’t been too impressed with Alba products. My husband liked it, though.
- Alba Botanica Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel: I used this on pimples that popped up from time to time, and though I emptied the tube I don’t feel like it helped reduce pimples.
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: SO good for my dry winter skin. This cream is a staple in my winter nighttime routine and even though I’m kind of over DE, I’d repurchase Lala again next winter.
- Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse: a pretty good cleansing duo, but I emptied the cream side well before the balm side. I might repurchase, but wasn’t in love with it.
- Generation Clay Ultra Violet Brightening Purple Clay Mask: from my summer 2019 FabFitFun box. This mask was average, and I didn’t love it enough to purchase it on my own.
- Naturopathica Sweet Cherry Brightening Enzyme Peel: love! I got this for my birthday last year but would buy it on my own. The peel legit smells JUST like fresh cherries.
- Bite Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy mini: I already opened the full sized jar of this product. I don’t love it as much as I loved the original non-vegan formula in a tube, but this works well enough for me.
- EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46: my standard SPF. I’m currently working on a different SPF that I need to use up before it expires, but I already have two more bottles of the EltaMD in my stash.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream: the morning moisturizer in my winter skin care routine. Would definitely buy again next winter.
- Tatcha The Dewy Serum (complimentary via Influenster): loved it! It’s pricey but I’d buy it at a discount.
- Glossier Futuredew Oil Serum Hybrid: loved this as well and would repurchase.
- Drunk Elephant F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial (not pictured): I emptied this product after taking my photos, so I snuck this one in right at the end of the month. This product was just okay; I didn’t love it so likely won’t repurchase.
- Nécessaire [affiliate link] The Body Wash, The Body Exfoliator, and The Body Lotion: the brand gifted me these products, but I have also purchased from them on my own. I really like their fragrance-free body care products and would purchase them again. My skin is too sensitive for their scented products, which is a bummer because I hear they smell amazing.
- Flamingo Foaming Shave Gel: I bought another bottle, but I’ve been getting some leg itchies lately so I’m not 100% sure this shave gel is okay for my skin.
- Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream: basically the only cream I can use on my extremely sensitive hand skin. I’ve already repurchased a couple tubs.
- Baby Foot Exfoliation Foot Peel: this was okay, not great. My feet did have semi-dramatic peeling, but not as much drama as I had hoped for. 😛 I might repurchase but only if it’s on sale.
- Patchology Get Dewy With It Sheet Mask: a very good hydrating mask. I have one more in my stash but would buy more.
- Karuna Age Defying+ Face Mask and Brightening+ Face Mask: from my winter 2019 FabFitFun box. I’ve been enjoying these masks, and would buy them on my own.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels: love these! The brand has gifted me a couple products, but I bought these on my own. Oddly, the pack I bought during their Black Friday sale seemed to have gone bad; when I opened a few packets the gels were discolored and smelled off. I didn’t use them, but took pics and sent them to Skyn Iceland customer service, and they kindly sent me replacements.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: love, would buy again.
- SFGLOW Sun’s Out, Pouts Out Gold Foil Lip Mask: from my spring 2021 FabFitFun box. I’ve only used one of the four-pack so far but don’t feel like it did much for me. I’ll use this rest but likely wouldn’t purchase.
Damn, that was a LOT of products. I still have plenty to work my way through, including some that I received in my last couple of FabFitFun boxes. The Sephora discount event is coming soon, so I’m sure I’ll buy some things then. And I’m getting a couple more skin care products via Influenster soon, too! My own personal restock is ON!
**This post contains affiliate links, and if you shop using the links marked as affiliate, I will receive a small commission from the sale. Please note that I did not receive any of the above products for free in exchange for promotion from any of the brands listed, unless otherwise noted.**