**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
The Beauty Empties Keep on Coming
Happy March! Even though we’ve had a VERY mild winter in DC, I’m still looking forward to the official arrival of spring. I didn’t empty as many products in February as I did in January, but I still have a bunch of items to discuss. Take a peek:
Would I Repurchase?
- Gillette Satin Care Ultra Sensitive Shave Gel: I’ve used up one of these before and it’s fine. I’m trying something else next but might come back to this one.
- Nécessaire The Body Lotion, Fragrance-Free [affiliate link]: the brand has gifted me products in the past. This tube may have been gifted (it’s been awhile so I can’t remember), but I’ve also purchased the lotion on my own. This is a really nice lotion that doesn’t irritate my sensitive body skin; I’d purchase it again.
- Youth to the People Superberry Dream Eye Cream Mini [affiliate link]: YTTP has gifted me products but I purchased this mini on my own. I used this on my travels and liked it, and would consider purchasing full sized.
- Derma-E Sensitive Skin Cleanser [gifted; affiliate link]: a very mild, creamy cleanser that I enjoyed washing my face with in the shower each morning. My facial skin isn’t sensitive so I don’t necessarily need a super mild cleanser and probably wouldn’t buy this on my own. But I would say if you have sensitive skin, this is a good cleanser to try.
- Shani Darden Retinol Reform [gifted via Influenster; affiliate link]: this retinol was gentle and didn’t cause me any irritation. However, I don’t feel like I really noticed any difference in my skin, even when using it about 3 or 4 nights a week. It’s fairly pricey at $88 so I probably won’t purchase on my own.
- Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40: I really liked this SPF and have already opened a second tube. It’s apparently a pretty good dupe of the Supergoop Unseen SPF 40 (which I’ve only tried a foil packet of, so I can’t really compare). At $8.99, it’s a very affordable option that leaves no white cast.
- Le Labo Neroli 36 & Ylang 49 samples [affiliate links]: I ordered these in a sampler set. Neroli 36 was good enough for me to empty, but I didn’t like Ylang 49. I won’t buy either full sized.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Intra Jet Firming Solution [affiliate link]: one use of a sheet mask isn’t usually enough to see any results. This mask felt nice on my skin, but I don’t think I’d go out of my way to buy this one.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Facial Barrier Mask [affiliate link]: I do like this mask! It’s very hydrating. I’ve purchased this before and would do so again.
- Bliss The Detoxifier Holographic Foil Sheet Mask [affiliate link]: I also enjoy this sheet mask and would repurchase.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: the brand has gifted me these in the past but I’ve purchased them on my own several times since. These are great and I would repurchase.
- ColourPop Star Wars Graphic Ink Liner in Kyber Crystal: this had been open for long enough that I needed to trash it; it had started getting a little goopy. I loved the sparkly color, and the flexible brush tip was easy to use. I’d consider repurchasing if I need a fun liquid eye liner.
- Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm in Vanilla [affiliate link]: I’m tossing this because the applicator developed an odd smell. I don’t even know how to describe it…kind of…sour? It smells weird enough that I no longer want to use this on my lips (the balm itself still smells fine). In case you’re wondering, I’m well within the expiration date. I actually emailed the brand’s customer service to let them know about the odor issue. Performance-wise, I wasn’t in love with this balm anyway. It didn’t offer long-lasting hydration and I felt I needed to apply it more frequently than other balms. I know folks love this lip balm but it was just not for me.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara [affiliate link]: this mascara had been open for a few months so it was time to toss it. It’s one of my favorites, though: really good lengthening and volumizing.
Onward into spring! Woohoo!