Survivor 43, Violent Night, and more
1. Survivor 43: I’ve discussed my new obsession with this long-running reality show before. Season 43 ended this week, and boy, were the last couple episodes of this season wild. I won’t spoil anything here, but I really enjoyed this season. It won’t go down as an all-time best season, but there was some incredible game play and strong players to root for. Slight brag…I met three of the final five at a Survivor podcast and afterparty last month!! Kudos to the casting department; they’ve really stepped it up in the last several years (and the increased diversity has impacted the show for the better). In the near future, I’ll be listening to lots of podcasts and reading many articles analyzing how this season went down.
2. Violent Night: we went to see this movie in the theater last weekend, and it was a lot of fun. Literally the only thing I knew going into this movie was that David Harbour (of Stranger Things fame) starred in it. I saw the poster and thought, well, I have to see that. The movie is pretty ridiculous at times, but in such an enjoyable way.
3. Trader Joe’s 12 Days of Beauty: last week I talked about the 12 Days of Scented Candles from TJ’s. I also picked up their 12 Days of Beauty box, which cost $19.99. I don’t think I’ve seen it in the store over the last couple weeks, so like the candle box, it’s probably sold out in a lot of locations. I’m not sure I’ll be able to use the hand creams due to my very sensitive hand skin, but it’s going to be fun trying out these little goodies! I already used the eucalyptus shower steamer and it smelled so lovely.
4. Blooming Oncidium Orchid: this orchid recently began blooming for the first time in TEN years!! Survivor teaches people to never give up, and so does this orchid. There have been many times over the years that I thought the orchid might not make it. Yet here we are with these beautiful flowers.
5. Phalaenopsis Venosa ‘CH’ Bloom: another one of my orchids also began blooming recently! Many of my orchids have begun to put out spikes, which means I should start seeing more blooms in the next couple of months. But this bloom opened up already and as you can see, there’s a second flower on its way. It’s such a fantastic reward to see my orchids thrive like this!