Jordan Peele’s Us, Bliss Masks, Spring Blooms
1. Us: John and I went to see this movie a couple weekends ago, and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t love it quite as much as Get Out, which was phenomenal. But Us was a highly entertaining creepfest. Lupita Nyong’o was particularly incredible and Winston Duke brought so much warmth to his role. The young actors, Shahadi Wright Joseph and Evan Alex, were amazing as well. I loved the cinematography, attention to detail, and references to other movies. I won’t say any more about it, because this is one of those movies that’s better the less you know going in. But if you’re a horror fan, go see Us!
2. Ulta Haul: Ulta recently offered a 15% off discount, and when I started browsing the site I saw that their Bliss masks were on sale. So I ordered a bunch of masks that I’ve been wanting to try! I’m especially excited to try the Mighty Marshmallow Mask and the Mint Chip Mania Mask. They’ve been making the rounds on Skinstagram and they look amazing. I also got two eye primers: NYX Glitter Primer for the more shimmery shadows I’ve been playing with lately, and the OG Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion because it’s a classic. With the Bliss sale, 15% discount, and rewards points that I applied to my order, I spent $51.77 on these six goodies!
3. Orchid Mug: I finally went to the Smithsonian Gardens Orchid Exhibit last week, located in the Kogod Courtyard at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery. I always like supporting museums by buying things in their gift shops, so when I saw this mug printed with a pretty vintage botanical illustration, buying it was a no-brainer.
4. Ommegang King in the North Beer: you know how much I love Game of Thrones-themed stuff! Ommegang Brewery has been crafting limited edition GoT beers for years, and I picked up two bottles of this barrel-aged imperial stout at Whole Foods recently. This beer was delicious! My Whole Foods only had this brew, but I want find some of the other currently available GoT beers.
5. Lilac Blooms: the lilac plant we bought at Lowe’s almost a month ago is doing SO WELL. The day after buying the plant, I repotted it into a larger container and it has basically quadrupled in size! Amazingly, it has already bloomed. Lilacs are among my favorite flowers because I absolutely love their scent. So I’m thrilled that the plant is thriving and I hope I’m able to continue to maintain it!