Ren Fest, Sheet Masks, Fall Flavors
1. Maryland Renaissance Festival: John and I went to this fest for the second year in a row! We had a good time last year so we wanted to check it out again (though we skipped costume rentals this time). Last Saturday was a great day to go because the weather was just right…clearly everyone else felt the same way because it was CROWDED. We enjoyed ourselves, especially at the show by The Danger Committee. Those guys were a blast to watch! Also, Pennywise was there. YIKES.
2. Crystals: I bought a couple things from the same crystal vendor that I patronized at last year’s Ren Fest. When I spotted this gorgeous aventurine healing wand I had to have it! I also bought a beautiful quartz pendant. I had a similar one when I was in high school but seem to have lost it somewhere along the way, so I’m glad I found a replacement.
3. September Facetory Masks: my set of four sheet masks arrived from Facetory this past week, and they look great! The Facetory brand two-step mask looks especially cute. I’m a little worried that the lavender mask will irritate my skin, but I don’t really have a good reason for thinking that. I do love the pretty packaging of that mask, too! I can’t wait to try each of these. I’m really enjoying this sheet mask subscription. If you sign up for your own subscription using my link, I’ll receive a small commission.
4. Pumpkin Pie Smashmallows: I bought these immediately when I saw them. I’ve tried a couple other Smashmallow flavors (mint chocolate chip, churro) and loved them. Honestly, I’m not as into the pumpkin pie flavor as the other ones. The ingredient list includes chai spice, and I do think they taste a little more like chai than pumpkin spice. They’re not my favorite but I had to try them!
5. Apple Cider: it’s cider season! I’m not a big juice drinker but I pick up cider a few times each fall when it appears in stores. One of these days I want to try heating it up and putting whiskey and a cinnamon stick in it. MMM.