1. Fuller House: I wasn’t really planning to watch this reboot even though I watched plenty of the original way back when. But one day I put the pilot on and the nostalgia completely sucked me in. I’ve now finished the first season and can’t wait for the second! By the way, how fantastic do Andrea Barber, Jodie Sweetin, and Candace Cameron Bure look? And where can I get my hands on Kimmy Gibbler’s cat print kimono jacket?!
2. Kocostar Nail Therapy Multivitamin Nail Treatment: I received this pack of nail masks in my Birchbox “Why Not…Stay In” box but didn’t get around to using it until this week. It’s like a sheet mask for your fingertips, with an individual mask to cover each one. The coverings feel like a pantyliner or diaper-type material filled with serum, which sounds rather disgusting now that I’ve typed it out. You place one mask over the tip of each finger and let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour. I left mine on for an episode of The Vampire Diaries, then removed the masks and rubbed the remaining product into my nails and fingertips. I have a lot of trouble with dry cuticles and I think this did help soften them a bit. This is a fun treat yo’self product for an at-home spa day!
3. Preacher: My husband has had these graphic novels for years and has always told me I need to read them. With AMC’s TV adaptation starting in May (and you know how good AMC shows are) I figured I should read them before the premiere. So far I’ve gotten through the first three, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. It’s so gross…and therefore right up my alley. There are also elements that remind me of Supernatural, which, seeing as how it came after Preacher was published, was probably actually influenced by the comic. Can’t wait to see how the TV show turns out!
4. Here is a mini Lego Chewbacca fighting ninjas, on display at my local coffeeshop Brunswick. That is all.
5. Surprise HelloFresh Delivery: I’m usually on top of managing my HelloFresh delivery schedule, but I forgot to pause it for this week so a box showed up at our apartment on Monday morning. Good thing I hadn’t gone grocery shopping! All three meals were easy and delicious. Clockwise from L-R: Edamame and Sweet Potato Rice Bowl with Spinach and Tomato Salad; Chipotle Seitan Chili with Bell Pepper, Cheddar, and Jasmine Rice (and I added cilantro avocado yogurt dressing for a little extra flavor!); and Jamie’s Easy-Peasy Tomato Tagliatelle with Asparagus, Fresh Basil, and Parmesan (plus ricotta, because I needed to use it up and two cheeses are better than one!). Never tried HelloFresh before? This meal kit delivery service is running a special offer for new customers in April: get $50 off your first two boxes! Just use code APRIL50HF at checkout.