1. Someone Knows Something: I’m on a major podcast kick lately, and one of the podcasts that the My Favorite Murder ladies have talked about is this Canadian cold case series that delves into the stories of missing persons who have never been found. The first two season’s I’ve listened over the past week to are a fascinating slice of blue collar life in Canada (also: so much “eh,” “aboot,” and “sore-y”), and they’re very well researched and constructed. Season three just dropped and I can’t wait to binge listen to it as well.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask: I received a sample packet of this face mask with an order I placed from celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury’s website, and I tried it out this week. First of all, I LOVE the scent! It smells like plumeria, which is one of the ingredients. The mask has a very soft, velvety clay texture and my skin looked luminous after I washed it off. I’m including this mask on my holiday gift idea list that my mom recently asked me for!
3. Chobani Mint Chocolate Chunk Blended Greek Yogurt: mint chocolate chip has always and forever been my favorite ice cream flavor, so when I saw Chobani’s limited batch Greek yogurt in my local grocery store I had to try it. And it’s delicious! I usually like to mix cereal and fruit (typically banana) in with yogurt, but this flavor is not all that fruit-friendly. I know sometimes fresh mint is used in fruity desserts, but I’m not about to chop up and banana and toss it in a bowl with this particular yogurt. That said, it’s tasty with a non-fruity cereal. Yum!
4. Duncan Hines Funtastic S’Mores Cake Mix: this was a totally random purchase. I was walking down the baking aisle at my local grocery store, saw this in passing, and thought it sounded good. And you know what? It’s SUPER easy and turns out really well. Literally all you do is pour one packet of the mix into a mug, add three tablespoons of water, stir until smooth, then microwave it for one minute and ten seconds. S’mores cake for one, coming right up!
5. Sunrise: I would be remiss if I didn’t post a pic of a fiery sunrise from earlier this week. With all the difficult news popping up these days, it’s nice to take a moment to appreciate the beauty of our world now and then.