LA Thanksgiving, Rose Gold Eye Masks, and other goodies
1. Happy Thanksgiving: I hope you all enjoyed your holiday yesterday! I’m in LA visiting my husband’s family instead of going to St. Louis like we usually do. It actually rained here on Thanksgiving morning, and the hills of Glendale were foggy as the sun started to rise on my early morning Starbucks run. So beautiful.
2. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: I bought a 6-pack of these in my latest Sephora Rouge discount haul but it took me awhile to try them. And I loved them! They’re not merely Instagram-friendly; they feel soothing and moisturizing on the skin. I liked them so much that I put them on my holiday gift wish list.
3. Johnnie Walker White Walker Blended Scotch Whisky: I had heard about this limited edition Game of Thrones booze but I hadn’t gone on the hunt for it. Last weekend John and I went to our local liquor store for wine and when we found out they had this in stock we immediately bought a bottle. When you put it in the freezer, a message appears on the side. So cool (pun intended). We’ll definitely hang on to this bottle after it’s empty, which will take awhile…we’re not big whisky drinkers.
4. African Violet Blooms: my orchids are not very exciting these days, with the exception of one that’s about to bloom. But this African violet recently started blooming and I absolutely love its purple ruffled flowers outlined in white! It’s so satisfying to get blooms on your plants…orchids and African violets especially can really try your patience.
5. Sage Smudge Sticks: I did a bougie-hippie (bippie?) thing and bought these white sage bundles at Whole Foods—I want to use them for an energy cleansing on our new house. I don’t know if I truly believe this kind of thing works, but it sure can’t hurt to try. And I love the ritual element of witchy stuff like this.