I have never written an “empties” post before because it typically takes me awhile to use up not only full sized products, but samples too. I did finish up a bunch of products in February so I thought it was time to do my first empties post!
I’m including deluxe samples in this post because some of them took me quite awhile to use up and it felt like an accomplishment to finally empty them. You know how that feels, right?
The products I finished in February:
- Drunk Elephant Umbra™ Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 – I received this deluxe sample in the Volume 2: Come C About Me gift set. This sunscreen was just okay. I wouldn’t repurchase it for a few reasons: 1) I prefer to use a higher SPF; 2) it doesn’t always mix well with other skin care and makeup products; and 3) for some reason it has a bit of sparkle in it. The sparkle is subtle, but…why?!
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream – I received this deluxe sample in my January Play! by Sephora box and it was another “just okay” product for me. I keep receiving eye cream samples so at this point I have no reason to purchase a full sized version.
- tarte cosmetics Tight & Bright Multi-Mask – I was excited about this mask when I first purchased it and I normally love tarte products, but this one was just meh for me. This one seems like it was designed mostly to be Instagram-friendly—I don’t feel like it did much for my skin.
- Supergoop! Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 – I love my Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50, but I also bought this because I was curious about the brand’s mineral (aka physical) sunscreen. This suncreen was nice but like the DE sunscreen, it didn’t play well with some of my other products. I guess mineral sunscreen has a tendency to pill unless used with other mineral facial products?
- EO Everyone Body Lotion, Unscented – I love this lotion because it doesn’t upset my sensitive skin. I already had an extra tube waiting in the wings and will keep using it unless it starts to irritate my skin.
- Becca First Light Priming Filter – I was surprised how long this little tube took me to get through. I really liked this primer! I don’t need any primer at the moment but would consider buying it full sized in the future.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 – I believe this is the second bottle of this product that I’ve bought. I’m currently trying CeraVe micellar water, but if I don’t like it as much I might go back to this one.
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer – I received this sample in my June 2017 Play! by Sephora box and really liked it, so this is another one I’m surprised took me so long to empty. It gave my skin a lovely radiant glow on its own or under makeup, and it was quite moisturizing. It pilled under some products, though, and I think that’s the only reason I wouldn’t buy it full sized.
Did you have many empties in February? Were there any products you can’t wait to repurchase?