The more I scroll through Instagram and browse makeup websites, the more I appreciate the beauty of beauty products. There’s just something about shiny new products that makes me want to put them on a shelf to admire and never destroy their pristine state. I’ve developed this fantasy of having an area—or, fuck it, since this is a fantasy, a whole room—where I can display beauty products that I find aesthetically pleasing. Brands put a ton of thought into product design, so it only makes sense that some beauty products are literal works of art. People buy art to enjoy in their homes—why not beauty products? I mean…just look at these Pat McGrath Mothership eyeshadow palettes:
Of course, the reason this is a fantasy is that beauty products can be expensive and having a whole collection for display only could rack up quite a tab. Because I love making lists, I thought I’d start a wishlist of products that I would want to display in my own home. Some of these are products I’d actually use and some are ones I know I wouldn’t, but they’re all a whole lot of fun to ogle.
In no particular order…
1. Pat McGrath’s entire line of Mothership eyeshadow palettes, pictured above. They’re STUNNING. (Also quite spendy at $125 apiece.)
2. Even though I hate festivals and would not wear most of this makeup, the entire Too Faced Life’s a Festival Collection is SO much fun to look at:
Detail of the
unicorn horns Mystical Effects Highlighting Sticks:
3. Though it’s not part of the festival collection, the new Too Faced Diamond Light Multi-Use Highlighter is gorgeous as well:
4. I’m a sucker for Too Faced packaging, because how adorable is the Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer from the Peaches and Cream Collection?! I’m sure this post is coming off as a Too Faced ad…but it’s not. (I’m only using Sephora affiliate links here.) 🙂
5. This Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in White Out is for sure one of those “too pretty to use” products. I love the KVD logo stamped into the bullet!
6. The entire 24-piece ColourPop Lux Lipstick Collection, because how lovely does this look?! I think I would display them in a light to dark arrangement.
7. These purple and gray Pretty Vulgar Nail Liquor shades are just the perfect amount of moody. Those mini liquor bottles are the cutest.
8. I LOVE this Rituel de Fille Inner Glow Crème Pigment in Eclipse, a shade that reminds me of Chanel’s Vamp nail polish that debuted in the 90s. This is a product that I would be afraid to wear on my face, but the packaging is beautiful and that creamy, near-black shade is something so unusual to see in a compact.
9. Storybook Cosmetics Secret Garden Eyeshadow Brushes. These brushes have real, seasonal flowers inside the handles!
That’s it for now, folks. Brands are constantly coming out with fun new products so I’m sure there will be more of these posts in the future. 🙂