Tinted Hair, NYC Bachelorette Party, Snacks
1. Overtone: I’ve been super bored with my hair lately. So I got about three inches cut off last week and also tried an at-home color depositing treatment by a brand called Overtone. First, I got a sample of their Extreme Purple Deep Treatment and tried a strand test; to my surprise, the color actually took! So I used the rest of the sample on my hair and it lent it a subtle purple tint. Which was exactly what I was looking for! The color has faded since I took the below shot, but I ordered the Purple for Brown Hair Conditioner and will use that at least a couple times a week to help maintain the tint. It’s fun to do something different with my hair for once! I’d like to try the Rose Gold for Brown Hair at some point too.
2. Rustico Cooking: I went to NYC for my friend’s bachelorette party last Saturday, and we had a blast! The celebration was very tame as far as bachelorette parties go—nary a penis straw in sight. A group of seven ladies took a cooking class at Rustico Cooking, and we had a wonderful time making and eating an Italian meal. We got to make cavatelli and ricotta gnocchi from scratch. YUM! The instructor and her team prepped the ingredients for us, so the process was easy peasy. After dinner we went to a burlesque show at The Slipper Room but we didn’t get good seats and were all pretty tired so we called it a somewhat early night. This is how bachelorette parties go in your 40s…and I’m not mad at it. 🙂
3. Alamo Drafthouse: on Sunday night, John and I went to see Shazam! at this downtown Brooklyn movie theater. I love this place! Because the DC Alamo isn’t open yet (it’s coming soon), I wanted see a movie there while we were in NYC. The Brooklyn location’s lobby has the famous hotel carpet from The Shining, so I made John take a pic of me standing on it. I loved Shazam!—it felt more like Marvel than DC—and we enjoyed yummy drinks and food while we watched the movie. I’m so excited for Alamo to open in DC!
4. Legally Addictive OG Crack Cookies: while in Brooklyn I needed a snack, so I bought a bag of these cookies from our hotel’s front desk. And they really are amazing! Toffee, dark chocolate, and sea salt coat these thin crackers. They cover all the snacky basics: salty, sweet, and crunchy. Highly recommend.
5. White Chocolate Marshmallow M&Ms: I’ve mentioned before that I love Easter candy even though I don’t celebrate the holiday. When I saw this new M&M flavor at Target recently I just had to buy a bag. And omg, this might be my new favorite M&M flavor. Nah…the peanut butter M&Ms will always have my heart. But I went through this bag a little too quickly. It’s a good thing they’re seasonal.