Movie Rec, New Phone, Sunscreen
1. Joker: John and I finally saw this movie last weekend and wow…I was blown away. I know the film is polarizing but I’m on board with it. Joaquin Phoenix was fucking incredible and I already have my fingers crossed for an Oscar for him. Yes, the movie is violent. It’s violent in a very visceral way because the violence is *somewhat* sparing in comparison to other comic book movies. When the violence takes place, it’s much more intimate than, say, a villain wiping out hundreds of innocents in one fell swoop (or finger snap)..and it really hits you because it feels very real.
2. New iPhone: we recently finished payments on my iPhone 8 so I decided to upgrade! I did a bit of research and found that a bunch of websites highly recommended the 11. I picked out the purple color, which is really a light lavender. Of course I’m most excited about Portrait Mode…which is incredible. I’m still getting to know my new phone, but so far so good.
3. MDSolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defense SPF 50: I recently had a 25% off code to use on MDSolarSciences.com related to my collaboration with the brand + Palm. So I decided to use the code to try out a different sunscreen from MDSS. The tube says its for the body but the website says it’s for face and body, so I’ll give it a shot on my face. I haven’t tried this SPF yet; I’d like to finish up the Mineral Crème SPF 50 first. But I like that cream so I’m hoping this one is good too!
4. Greenhouse Light: we’ve had some incredible late afternoon light in the greenhouse lately! It makes me want to put a chair out there and sit around reading in the afternoon.
5. Sunrise: John spotted this stunning sunrise yesterday morning so I had to step outside and capture it. LOVE.