1. Z Palette: after watching some YouTube videos of beauty bloggers decluttering and depotting their makeup into customizable palettes I decided to try the same. I ordered myself this really fun holographic Z Palette from Amazon and took to depotting my Urban Decay Naked palettes. It. Did. Not. Go. Well. But that’s a story for another day…and at least I have this pretty palette that still has plenty of space for more makeup.
2. Ulta Mini-Haul! I started running low on sheet masks and I also wanted more variety in my eyeshadow brush stash, so I ordered a few things from Ulta. My mini-haul included: SOO AE Vitamin Collagen Sheet Mask and Cucumber Collagen Essence Mask, TONYMOLY I’m Real Lemon Mask Sheet Brightening and I’m real Pearl Mask Sheet Luminating (which I’m pretty sure isn’t a real word), Morphe M431 Precision Pencil Crease Brush, M506 Tapered Mini Blender Brush, and Morphe M433 Pro Firm Blending Fluff Brush. The M433 wasn’t what I expected so I returned it to a store, but the other brushes are good so far!
3. SNP Rabbit Brightening Mask: I picked this sheet mask up at Ulta when I went to return the aforementioned M433 brush. I haven’t used one of these animal face sheet masks in awhile but they’re always a joy, so I look forward to trying this one out!
4. NYX Powder Puff Lippie: yet another Ulta purchase! I bought this alongside the rabbit sheet mask. My curiosity was piqued when I saw a couple people talk about it on social media, so I decided to get one for myself. I chose the color Squad Goals—a pretty, rosy shade. The applicator tip is a cushion, which, when you really think about it, is a bacteria magnet…especially seeing as how you apply this product to your mouth. The product goes on smoothly with a matte finish, but I find that the somewhat large, rounded tip isn’t conducive to detailed application (that’s…what she said?). With my thin-ish lips, the color ends up going outside the lines. The product also isn’t moisturizing enough for my taste, but I’m particularly sensitive to dry lips.
5. Orchid Lady: last Sunday was gorgeous so my husband and I walked over to the National Gallery of Art to soak up some culture. We ended up at the East Building special exhibit called Outliers and American Vanguard Art, much of which I wasn’t all that into, to be honest. However, there were some pieces sprinkled throughout the exhibit that I loved, including this purple piece by Mary Heilmann called Orchid Lady.