Wild TV, Pro-Choice gear, and more
1. The Boys Season 3: I’ve discussed my love for this show before. I was even more excited for the third season due to the addition of Jensen Ackles, of Supernatural fame, as Soldier Boy. Season three did not disappoint, and of course ramped the insanity and vulgarity up to new highs (or lows, as it were). This subversive satire does shit that no one else is doing on TV, and I love it for that. It was so fun to see Jensen back on my screen, doing things that never would have graced our screens on a CW series. This show has been renewed for season four, and I can’t wait.
2. I’m Speaking Can Holder: after the unthinkable SCOTUS decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I ordered this can holder from NARAL that honors Madam VP’s famous quote from her debate with Mike Pence. I needed a new can holder, so I was happy to find one where the proceeds go to a good cause. Get yours here.
3. Orchid Bloom: John got me this orchid at Trader Joe’s last summer, and I’m so thrilled that it just began to rebloom!! I’m not 100% sure what type of orchid this is, but the flowers are so pretty. Most of my orchids begin blooming in the winter, so this is such a fun summer treat!
4. Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Caramel Coated Popcorn: yup, another Friday Five, another TJs find. This is a perfect sweet, salty, and crunchy snack! And it’s one that vegans too can enjoy.
5. THIS FREAKING SUNSET: a massive thunderstorm blew through the area one evening earlier this week. Afterward, we were treated to a seriously epic sunset. I was sitting on the couch watching TV and glanced outside to see a red glow. I exclaimed “holy crap!” and immediately ran up to our roof deck with my phone to capture some photos. This is the best one that I was able to take. No filter whatsoever, but it looked unreal.