Squid Game, Pumpkin Spice, and more
1. Squid Game: I can’t believe I haven’t written about this Netflix show yet. This is an ultra-violent Korean series that I’m sure you’ve at least heard about in passing…it’s extremely popular. We blew through it in about a week and loved it. There’s one episode in particular that’s very moving. If you can’t handle violence then I wouldn’t recommend this show, but otherwise I say check it out if you haven’t already!
2. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Overnight Face Mask: John has checked our local TJs for this skin care product on three separate shopping trips, and they’re always sold out. Fortunately, one of my buddies from a small beauty community I’m in found it at her store and mailed me a jar! She also tossed in some cute little chocolate pumpkin treats. I’m so grateful, J! This is an enzyme mask that can be used daily, though I don’t think I’d want to use an enzyme mask every night. I can’t wait to slather this stuff on my face!
3. Tiny Sephora Haul: I forgot to post about these three items that I ordered from Sephora recently. First is the Danessa Myricks ColorFix Waterproof Matte Liquid Pigment in Blackout [affiliate link]. I bought this for my Halloween makeup look, but I’ve heard good things about this Black woman-owned brand and have been wanting to try it. I also bought minis of Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask [affiliate link] and Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream [affiliate link]. YTTP has sent me a couple items before, but I purchased these on my own. I haven’t tried either of these products before and wanted to give the minis a shot before committing to the full size. We’ll see how I like them!
4. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spiced Teeny Tiny Pretzels: these are a really tasty little snack. There’s a lot going on here: the pretzels are salty, sweet, and crunchy. Would definitely buy these again.
5. Swiss Miss Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa Mix: I ordered this from Target recently, and it is SO tasty! It’s better than the Target brand pumpkin hot chocolate that I got last year. I drank the regular ol’ Swiss Miss hot cocoa a lot as a child, so this has a bit of a nostalgia factor for me. Now if only this stuff came with tiny pumpkin marshmallows…