Supporting Pride, Skin Care, and more
1. Pride Product Rainbow: this past weekend, photos of products arrayed in a rainbow in celebration of NYC Pride started popping up on Instagram. I thought it would be fun to post one with my own products. Lo and behold, I had enough of a colorful array of skin care products to make it happen. Though I realized while typing this that the green and yellow products are out of order. Rainbow skillz! 😛 I know my post didn’t suddenly make the world a better place, but there’s no harm in putting positive, supportive vibes out in the world.
2. Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask [paid link]: also seen in the above pic. I received this as a birthday gift and have tried it once so far. And I really like it—it made my skin look glowy afterward. The cranberry seeds exfoliate your skin as you wash the mask off off, so that’s a bonus. I was a little worried that the turmeric would tint my skin yellow, but that didn’t happen at all.
3. Moxa Stick: I’ve been going to acupuncture for my sesamoiditis for the past couple weeks and my acupuncturist recommended using a moxa stick daily at home. Moxa is a cigar-shaped stick of the herb mugwort. You light it like incense and hold the warm, lit end near the body part you want to heal. The heat is said to stimulate circulation and blood flow in order to promote healing. I honestly can’t tell if it’s helping thus far, but it feels kind of witchy and I quite enjoy the ritual of it.
4. Visible Rain: I LOVE it when you can actually see rain in the distance. This happened one evening earlier this week! When you’re being rained on you never really think of the storm as a visible thing like a tornado. In the photo below you can see some rain streaks coming down in the bright area to the left, and also in the center. It’s pretty amazing.
5. OverDrive: I heard about this free app via Instagram and decided to download it for myself because it allows you to check out eBooks and audiobooks from your local library. I still love physical books but thought it might be good to try some audiobooks when I’m cleaning, walking, etc. So far I’ve listened to several audiobooks via the app; my library has a pretty good selection. All you need in order to check out eBooks or audiobooks through OverDrive is a library card!