1. Beautiful Blooms: last week I went to the U.S. Postal Museum to see the new exhibit of flowering plants on stamps. The exhibit was small but lovely; I especially liked the below concept art for Botanical Congress stamps that were issued in 1969. I liked this set of stamps because they included a lady slipper orchid (upper right)!
2. Bioluminescent Life Stamps: I needed to go to the post office and when I saw this sheet of bioluminescent creature stamps there, I had to buy it. You can’t really tell in this photo, but the sheet is holographic and the stamps have metallic print on them. I will not be using these…they’re too pretty!
3. Nadalina Cosmetics Nail Polish: my husband brought this lovely surprise home from work recently—it ended up in his office as a gift from a vendor or something. I had never heard of this brand before, but it’s a US-made nail polish that apparently is all the things: cruelty-free, vegan, water permeable, free of nine yucky ingredients, and is even Halal-certified. The color I received is called Mongray, a sort of lavender gray shade. I have not tried it out yet, but how beautiful is the packaging?? I’ll update here or on Instagram once I’ve had a chance to test it out.
4. THIS DELICIOUSNESS: my husband and I had a dinner date last weekend at Bidwell, a sit-down restaurant inside Union Market. Their “hook” is responsibly sourced, sustainable ingredients, and they offer a regular menu plus a wood-fired pizza menu. They even have four pizza crust types to choose from: regular, charcoal, gluten free, and veggie-based. Of course I had to try their pizza! I got the Garden of Edens with regular crust, which came with pesto, butternut squash, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, mozzarella, and smoked cheddar. And it was served with side of ranch dressing! Be still my heart. We will be back…
5. The Swedish Chef: my mom and my 11-year-old niece are in DC this week for my niece’s spring break, and one of our stops was the National Museum of American History. The last time I went they had Bert and Ernie on display, but this time they had swapped those guys out for the Swedish Chef! I love this guy. 🙂