1. Nintendo Switch: let me preface this by saying that I am not a gamer in any way (I don’t say that to disparage gamers). I get frustrated and give up really easily and the last console I legitimately tried to play video games on was the Nintendo 64, which came out when I was in college 20 years ago. My brother-in-law brought his Switch to DC over Thanksgiving so I tried playing Zelda on it…and I was surprised to find myself enjoying it. My husband and I just got a Switch of our very own, with two games to start: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. We’ll see how long it takes for me to get bored with the Switch…hopefully MUCH longer than usual.
2. Gingerbread House: speaking of getting frustrated easily… 😛 Amazingly, I built this house from a Create a Treat kit all by myself…and I wasn’t even about to tear my hair out while doing it! I watched some gingerbread house tutorial videos before starting, which DEFINITELY helped. Based on video tips, I decorated the front, back, and sides prior to assembling the house, which made the process infinitely easier. The video tutorials gave me a better idea of how to do different piping techniques, and I have to say, I’m quite proud of my work on this one!
3. Toner and Essence: my skin is already freaking out about winter and it hasn’t even gotten that cold or dry out yet. So when I saw some K-beauty products on sale at Hautelook.com, I ordered a couple in the hopes of relieving my dry skin. The product on the left is Dr.G Gowoonsesang Derma Dr Lab Hydromoist Toner and the product on the right is Goodal Waterest First Essence, which I received a sample of in a K-beauty Birchbox almost two years ago and really liked. With the Hautelook sale, each product cost $14.97, so about 50% off retail price. I think both of these might have basically the same function, so I may not need to use both daily. Fingers crossed that incorporating these products into my skin care routine will alleviate my current case of Tight, Dry Face Syndrome (TM).
4. More Moonglow fun: my friend was in town this week so we had drinks and then took pics in front of the Light Yards globes in Yards Park. These things are so fun! Less fun was stepping in a pile of dog shit in the park…scrubbing the shit out of my shoes’ soles the next day was quite an undertaking.
5. Everything Bagel Doughnut: I stopped by Union Market after volunteering this week and picked up another one of these treats from B. Doughnut. Last time I got the bacon version, but this time I got the chive flavor and it was so yummy! I love how unexpected these savory doughnuts are.