Spring Savings, Rouge-Style
Right off the bat, I’m going to say I’m pretty proud with my restraint during the recent Sephora Spring Savings event. It looks like I got a lot of stuff (let’s be honest…I did), but this is about half of what I originally had in my cart. I mean…I was never going to spend the $400+ that I had in my cart at one point, but I’m happy with my final cart edit in the end. As a Rouge member, 20% off is very hard to ignore.
I didn’t really go into the event with a shopping strategy, but I ended up mostly stocking up on products I like rather than trying a bunch of new ones.
Here’s a look at my unpackaged haul, minus the sample packets:
The Full Haul
Disclosure: all links to Sephora’s website below are affiliate links.
- Drunk Elephant & Chris McMillan Cocomino Glossing Shampoo: $25 regular // $20 discounted
- Drunk Elephant Sweet Pitti Deodorant Cream: $16 regular // $12.80 discounted
- Tatcha Routine Refresher Duo: 300-point reward
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask 4-Pack: $45 regular // $36 discounted
- Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Lip Crayon in She’s Proud: $26 regular // $20.80 discounted
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk Medium: $34 regular // $27.20 discounted
- Farmacy Beauty Dew It All Total Eye Cream: $38 regular // $30.40 discounted
- Primera Alpine Berry Water Cream: $40 regular // $32 discounted
- Supergoop! Play Everyday Lotion SPF 50 with Sunflower Extract: $22 regular // $17.60 discounted
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment sampler: free (this has been on my to-try list for awhile!!)
- BELIF Aqua bomb Jelly Cleanser sampler: free
Notes on a Few Items
I’ve been liking the Drunk Elephant shampoo that I bought not too long ago, so I figured I might as well buy another bottle with my discount. And I’m curious about the Sweet Pitti deodorant! I opened a Tarte Clean Queen deodorant very recently and I want to use that up before I open the DE one, so it’s going to be awhile before I get to it.
My husband and I both love the Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50 so this is a restock for us. The brand recently reformulated their SPF to be reef safe (hooray!!), so we’ll see if we like this new formula as much as the old one.
I love Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk lipstick (and the liner too), and I’ve been dying to try her new, darker version. The shade is called Pillow Talk Medium, and it’s beautiful! It’s more of a pink berry shade than the original.
Ever since I heard Patrick Ta on an episode of Natch Beaut, I’ve been wanting to try his makeup. I decided on one of his lip crayons in the shade She’s Proud, described as a neutral pink brown. In hindsight I wish I had ordered She’s Humble, a pink neutral, but She’s Proud still works on me. I’ll share pics in a future post!
That’s it for my spring Rouge haul! I’m quite happy with my selections. Did you skip the spring savings event this year due to the COVID-19 lockdown, or did you treat yourself to some goodies?