Pumpkin Spice & Trick ‘r Treat Goodies
1. Pumpkin Season at Starbucks: this Monday morning, I went to get my first Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew of the season from a Starbucks drive-thru! Some say late August is too early for the fall menu offerings, but I say it’s not soon enough. I love the PCCB, which I believe was a new item last year. Next time I go, I want to try this year’s new menu item, the Apple Crisp Macchiato.
2. Rooftop Date Night: this week we did our second recent date night out! I’m still super cautious about COVID, but because we’re both fully vaccinated I’m trying to get more comfortable with outdoor dining. For both date nights we made reservations at Hi-Lawn, the rooftop at Union Market. We went on a Tuesday at 6pm and there was plenty of space for social distancing. The staff wears masks and you order from your table using a QR code. I’m happy we’ve found a place that I feel comfortable going to (when it’s not crowded…I hate crowds even when there isn’t a pandemic).
3. Sam Coffee Mug: I ordered a few Trick ‘r Treat goodies from Spirit Halloween recently and most of them have arrived. I’ve had my eye on this Sam mug for awhile and finally ordered it! To be perfectly honest it feels a little cheap (which it kind of is…$14.99 is pretty affordable). And the rounded design is actually not great in terms of functionality. Coffee splashes back up in my face after I take a sip if I’m not careful. But it’s super cute and I may end up using it as a piece of decor.
4. Trick ‘r Treat Blind Bags: Spirit Halloween also has these TrT blind bags, which I bought four of. There are twelve possible options inside; I got lucky and didn’t receive any duplicates! All of the figures are super cute, but I’m extra psyched that I got both Sam heads. And the paper bag costume kid is so creepy. I kinda want to order more of these.
5. Trick ‘r Treat Ankle Socks: I also ordered a 5-pack of these cute ankle socks. Again, they feel a little cheap, but the pack cost $14.99. All five pairs are so adorable! I’ll absolutely wear these down until they get holes in them.