1. Wonder Woman: my husband and I went to see this movie last weekend and I totally loved it! I can’t say I knew much about the character going into the movie, but I’ve already ordered a couple comics and a book recommended by a friend who is a fan. Gal Gadot was absolute perfection in the role.* The movie was a lot funnier than I expected, which gave it more of a Marvel movie tone (I consider this to be a good thing). That scene—you know the one I’m talking about—the one where Wonder Woman appears on the battlefield in her full costume for the first time…was EPIC. Bad ass. Apparently that scene almost didn’t make it into the movie, and director Patty Jenkins had to fight for it to make the cut. WELL DONE!!
2. The Keepers: I binged this new Netflix documentary last week when I had a bit of a cold, and man, did it make me angry. I’m already not the biggest fan of organized religion (and if you know me, you know that’s an understatement), so it left me feeling pretty pissed off at the Catholic church for a number of reasons. If you’re a true crime lover, this is definitely the next show that should be in your queue.
3. Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Brilliant Shine Shampoo: I tried this shampoo out recently and am really liking it! It makes my hair feel soft and doesn’t weigh it down, which is key because my hair is so damn fine. It smells citrusy and fresh, but not overpowering. I like it so much that I’ll probably pick up a bottle of the coordinating conditioner!
4. San Diego Comic-Con is Coming: my badge arrived in the mail yesterday, so that means SDCC is just around the corner! I’m not posting a pic of my actual badge because I don’t want anyone using it to create a counterfeit badge (which people definitely do). We are just about five weeks out and this year will be number NINE in a row for my husband and I. This is the first year we weren’t able to get four-day badges; we only managed to snag Thursday and Sunday badges. But there will still be plenty for us to do on the days we can’t actually enter the convention center…like chilling by the pool at our hotel or going to the beach!
5. Soba Noodle Salad: I made this very easy cold noodle salad for dinner on Wednesday, and while I wouldn’t say it was the best recipe of its ilk that I’ve tried, it was still tasty. You just can’t beat a simple cold Asian noodle dish for dinner on a hot summer day! Recipe via Quite Good Food.
*Also, Gal Gadot has worn sneakers and flats while promoting Wonder Woman, so she’s my own personal celebrity footwear hero.