1. Evolution Salt Co. Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp: I’ve been wanting to get one of these babies for some time now, and when I saw that Thrive Market sells them for 33-40% off I knew it was time. When I first signed up for Thrive Market they were unfortunately out of stock, but they recently came back in stock so I ordered the “natural” shape for $19.95! When heated, Himalayan crystal salt is supposed to help cleanse the air and neutralize things like dust, pollen, and mold. I admit that I haven’t done enough research to fully understand the science behind this yet, but aside from that I simply think this lamp is beautiful. I mean…just look at that gorgeous glow. I might even have feelings for the lamp (sorry, John). Like Brick Tamland, I Love Lamp.
2. Mr. Robot: I know I’m behind on this show but we recently started watching it, and holy shit, it is so good. We’re only six episodes in but some of the episodes have had near-Breaking Bad levels of tension and stress…which is a compliment. I haven’t been spoiled on the show in the slightest, so I would like to present a theory. The show at times seems to suggest that Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) is a figment of Elliot’s (Rami Malek) imagination à la Tyler Durden. This show feels too smart to be pulling a straight up Fight Club twist, so my theory is that they’re doing a Reverse Fight Club in which Christian Slater is the main character and Elliot is his Tyler Durden. I could be WAY off, but this theory popped into my head the morning after watching “eps1.6_v1ew-s0urce.flv.” We will see…
3. Upton’s Naturals Chili Lime Carnitas Jackfruit: here’s something totally different on the food front. I spotted this flavored jackfruit at my local grocery for $6.99 and just had to try it. It’s billed as a “meat alternative,” which seems odd considering that it’s a fruit! It looks very similar to shredded meat, but fortunately it doesn’t taste like meat or have a meaty texture. The jackfruit actually has a similar consistency to artichoke hearts and the chili lime flavor was good. I heated this stuff in a pan and made taco-burrito hybrids (tacoritos?) with it—I wrapped the jackfruit in tortillas with avocado and cheese, then topped them with salsa and sour cream and served beans and rice on the side. This made for a very tasty dinner, and I’d do it again! I also want to try the BBQ jackfruit.
4. Dailyware Cooler Glasses: it’s a well-established fact that I’m a klutz. I tend to break glasses, especially considering we don’t have a dishwasher in our current place so I have to wash by hand. I recently cracked another glass so our stash got kind of low. I picked up this set of four glasses at Bed Bath & Beyond for just $9.99! They are pretty sturdy so hopefully I won’t break them all too quickly. 😛
5. Sephora‘s Semi-Annual VIB Sale: aka the “Fine, Take All My Money” sale. This 15% off everything sale runs today through Wednesday, April 13th for all of us VIBs. I will be taking advantage…oh yes, I will. I’ll keep my purchases on the DL for now so I can reveal my haul in a later post. 🙂