**All links to products in this post are affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission.**
Birthday Month Beauty Empties
Happy *almost* July! This year is flying by…I guess in comparison to the Groundhog Day that was 2020, life is starting to pick up. I emptied plenty of beauty products in June, and decluttered three that were past their prime.
I’ll be honest, some of these empties were so-so. We’ll get into it after a look at the sheet masks I used:
Would I Repurchase?
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1: I’ve gone through many bottles of this and already had a backup waiting.
- Overtone Purple for Brown Hair Daily Conditioner: I bought this a couple years ago and finally decided to use up the small amount remaining. I loved the hint of purple it gave my hair, but it’s messy to use (I hate messes!) and I feel like it made my hair look stringy. I probably won’t repurchase.
- Evanhealy Whipped Shea Butter for Lips: this was my second tube of this lip balm, and it is GREAT. Even in the dry winter months. Would definitely repurchase.
- Nécessaire The Body Wash (gifted): this fragrance-free body wash makes my skin feel soft, but my legs still sometimes get a little irritated. It’s really hard to tell if it’s from this, the shaving cream and razor I use, or lotion. Nécessaire has gifted me several skin care sets (which I truly appreciate) and I’ve purchased one on my own, but quite honestly I’m a little on the fence about it at this point because I can’t tell what’s causing my skin irritation. I do love that they offer fragrance-free body care products, which I do think helps cut out some irritation. Ugh, sensitive leg skin is very annoying.
- Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Oil: I bought this product on sale quite some time ago. I mostly used it on my feet because I have chronic foot pain. I used up the entire rollerball, but it didn’t relieve pain at all for me. It’s like every time I used it, I thought, “maybe this time it’ll help.” It didn’t. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- EOS Shea Better Shave Cream, Sensitive Skin: my sensitive skin did not like this shave cream. Though it doesn’t contain the mysterious ingredient “fragrance,” it does contain lavender flower extract, and I think my skin doesn’t like that. Of course, it’s hard to say which ingredients from the list of many that my legs didn’t like. But my legs often felt itchy after shaving with this, so I wouldn’t buy it again.
- Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream: I bought this in my spring Sephora Rouge haul. It didn’t take me too long to use up, which should tell you that I liked it. It helped with my hand eczema some…I wouldn’t say it fully healed it, but it also didn’t make it worse. Which has definitely happened with other hand creams. I have another tube of this in my Sephora cart right now.
- Shani Darden Texture Reform: this was a FabFitFun Spring 2020 add-on. People rave about SD’s Retinol Reform, so when I saw Texture Reform as an add-on, it was an immediate add to cart. I didn’t really need texture smoothing, but I was interested in it as a mild retinol. And happily, it didn’t irritate my skin. Truthfully, though, I didn’t love TR for one reason: it has a pretty perfumey scent that I didn’t like. I actually don’t see this product on the brand’s website or on Sephora.com, so maybe they’ve discontinued it. I wouldn’t have repurchased though, solely due to the scent. I’m open to trying Retinol Reform someday, if it doesn’t have the same scent.
Not Empty But Gotta Go
- ColourPop So Juicy Plumping Gloss in Princess Cut: this minty fresh gloss still smells fine, but half of the tube now looks cloudy. Nope, not putting that on my lips anymore! I did like it though and it’s super affordable, so I’d totally buy another So Juicy gloss. It’s obviously reminiscent of the classic Lancome Juicy Tubes.
- Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner: I had this shampoo and conditioner duo in our third bathroom that we rarely use. So a little while ago, I brought them into our master bathroom to start using up. The conditioner recently began to smell more like eucalyptus than mint. A change in scent is never a good thing in beauty products, so this conditioner was dunzo. The shampoo still smells fine so I’m going to continue using it for now. Whole Foods does make good, affordable beauty products and I’d repurchase this.
- Weleda Skin Food Lip Butter: I bought this awhile back, didn’t love it, put it in my travel bag, and forgot about it. When we went away for my birthday weekend I found it in my travel bag and started using it again. Still didn’t love it. When I have this on my lips I still feel like I need to apply something more moisturizing…even in the humid summer. There’s a fair amount left in the tube but it has an expiration date of July 2021 on it. So I figured why keep using it if I don’t even like it.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels x2 (previously gifted by the brand but purchased these on my own): these are great. I’ve purchased them after being gifted them by the brand and would do so again.
- Saturday Skin Cotton Cloud Probiotic Power Mask: another spring Sephora Rouge haul pick. This was my second time buying this mask, and I would buy again!
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: on my birthday, I did a three-fer masking situation to treat myself during our getaway. These are one of my favorites so of course I had to use them on my birthday.
- SFGlow Sun’s Out Pout’s Out Gold Foil Lip Mask: from my Spring 2021 FabFitFun box. This is the second one I’ve used, and it’s so-so. I think there’s actually too much serum on these…it doesn’t really absorb into my lips and I end up just wiping it off afterward. I wouldn’t buy these on my own.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask: The finale of my birthday masking trifecta. Love these and would repurchase.
My June empties were a mixed bag. Do you sometimes find yourself using up products you aren’t in love with? I hate wasting stuff, so unless something is actively causing a problem, I tend to use it up.