1. Secret Wood: my husband recently surprised me with a VERY cool handmade ring from this Vancouver company. This particular design is called Enchanted Forest, and I love it! It really does look like there’s a tiny forest inside the ring, with snow on the ground and sparkly, starry skies.
2. Knitting Completed! I finished knitting my cowl and my hat, both of which were difficult to get going properly…but I did it! I’m back on the knitting train and it feels so good. 🙂
3. Sock Knitting: speaking of knitting, once I finished my hat I decided to try my hand at making socks using this pattern. I completed my first ever sock yesterday and it turned out pretty well (though I was only supposed to do the first few rows of the ankle section in a 1×1 rib and knit the rest of the rounds…oops). I’ve already started on sock number two! This is opening up a whole new knitting world for me.
4. Martha & Marley Spoon: I’ve been using HelloFresh meal kits for quite some time now, and I decided to subscribe to a second one to switch things up a bit (these services are flexible, meaning you decide when you want to receive a box). I settled on Martha Stewart’s meal kit service, Martha & Marley Spoon, because the recipes looked good and they offer 50% off your first box. This Monday we got a box with three vegetarian recipes; they were all simple to make and tasted great! Below is my pic of the Sweet Potato Peanut Stew with Spinach and Cilantro. The other dishes this week were Tortelloni en Brodo with Escarole and White Beans, and Farro Stir Fry with Broccoli and Mushrooms. This service is very similar to HelloFresh, though it’s more flexible because you can pick from several recipes each week. It’s nice to have a couple of these subscriptions because you only pay when you actually order a box, and you can switch back and forth based on which service’s recipes look better for a given week.
5. The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land: I downloaded this free gaming app on my iPhone after show’s upsetting season seven premiere, and I’ve been having fun playing it. I’m not much of a gamer so it’s been a learning curve, but it sure is enjoyable to use fan favorites like Daryl and Glenn to bash in zombie brains!