**Product links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
First Snow of 2022, Airbnb Getaway, and more
1. Substantial Snow: Happy 2022, folks! I’m back with my Friday Fives! I’ve skipped writing these lately because I haven’t had much exciting stuff to discuss. The most exciting thing to happen lately is that we had the first snow of the year on Monday. The storm came without a whole lot of warning, and it was a big one (that’s what she said)! We got about 7 to 8 inches in our area within the span of several hours. It was so beautiful, and we fortunately did not lose power. A lot of the snow has already melted but apparently there are a few more inches headed our way. I always love the first snowfall each year, but after that I’m kind of over it. 😛
2. Airbnb Getaway: between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, we treated ourselves to an Airbnb getaway. We typically don’t do family gatherings for Christmas even when there’s no pandemic; historically we’ve done little getaways, just the two of us. This time we rented a spacious home in rural Virginia a short drive from DC. We likely won’t return to this Airbnb. While the house itself was lovely, the owners had a “game room” filled with their personal hunting trophies…yikes. And there was way too much religious stuff inside the house for this atheist’s liking. Still, it was wonderful to be able to spread out, soak in the hot tub, cook in a large kitchen, and enjoy the peace and quiet. The weather was wet and misty much of the time we were there, but we had one night with weather good enough to use the fire pit, so we took advantage while we could!
3. Sheet Masking: though I know single-use products are bad for the planet, I still use them. I know, I know. I’m working on buying them less often. Anyway, I’ve had this Dr. Jart+ Facial Barrier Repair sheet mask [affiliate link] in my stash for months now (I bought it in my 2021 Sephora Spring haul) and decided to make it my first sheet mask of 2022. I really liked this mask; the fit was good (love the large eye and mouth holes), and it felt quite hydrating. I have another one of these from the Dr. Jart+ sheet mask set that I got from my mom, and I’m looking forward to using it this winter.
4. Mysterium [affiliate link]: a friend recently recommended this board game, and it sounded right up my alley so I ordered it from Target. John and I played a couple rounds of it this week, and it’s so fun! It’s sort of Clue-ish, but played mostly with cards. One player is a ghost and the others are psychics; the ghost sends the psychics visions so that they can figure out who killed the ghost, in what location, and and with what object. The set-up feels intimidating when you first read through the instructions, but it’s not hard to get the hang of the game once you’ve played through a round. I love that you can play with only two players, which is perfect for us!
5. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Limited Edition Priority Pass Pink Eye Masks [affiliate link]: just about every month I have at least one pair of WB’s rose gold eye masks in my empties post. When I saw that Wander Beauty came out with these cute limited edition pink eye masks, I added them to my holiday gift wish list, and my mom got them for me. I used my first pair yesterday morning, and they’re just as good as the gold and rose gold version. Love!